AMERICAN ASSOCIATION FOR NUDE RECREATION
AANR-SW SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
- AANR-SW awards up to 2 (two) $1,000 scholarships each year.
- Awards are based on scholastic merit and involvement in school, community, and nude recreation. Scholarship awards will not be based on race, creed, sex, religion, or financial need.
- Scholarship checks are made payable jointly to the recipient and the school/college after verification of enrollment.
- Deadline for applications is April 30 of the year the scholarship is to be awarded.
- The Scholarships Committee consists of the Chairperson and two members appointed by the Chair from two different AANR-SW resorts, clubs, or Associates.
- All applications and other information submitted shall be kept confidential and not shared with anyone outside the Scholarships Committee.
- When more than one scholarship is to be awarded, scholarship funds shall be awarded equally to each recipient.
- Scholarship recipients shall be announced at the AANR-SW Convention.
- When more than one winner is announced, the funds shall be awarded equally to each recipient.
- Applicant or parent/guardian must have been an AANR-SW member for at least the last year. Applicant shall list the parent/guardian AANR number on the Scholarship Application if applicant is under 18, or applicant’s Student Membership number if applicant is over 18.
- Applicant must be between the ages of 17 and 25.
- Applicant must be a high school senior or equivalent, or enrolled in a college, university, technical, or vocational institution.
- Complete the application form.
- Include a letter of recommendation from a school teacher, professor, or administrator.
- Include a letter of recommendation from an AANR-SW member other than a family member.
- Include a school transcript showing current grade point average.
- Mail completed application, letters of recommendation, and transcript to:
AANR-SW Scholarship Committee
Sandy Truxillo, Chairperson
2230 Jamara Lane
Houston, TX 77077